The Woodford Golf Club is an 18 hole quality golf course, featuring Bermuda 328 greens. The course is located in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, just 50 minutes north of Brisbane and 40 minutes west of the Sunshine Coast.
The Club is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Course Superintendent. The full time position includes weekend work and overtime which will be incorporated in a salary package.
The successful applicant must have good interpersonal skills and the capacity to lead a small dynamic team in the daily operations of developing and maintaining the golf course to the high standard that the club proudly boasts.
• Lead the development and annual review of the Course Development Plan
• Develop and implement an annual Course Maintenance Plan
• Prepare course annual operating and capital expenditure budgets then manage expenditure to ensure costs are kept within final allocations
• Supervise all ground staff and ensure they perform all assigned tasks to a satisfactory standard, in accordance with their job description
• Maintain records of work performed as required by the committee, including maintaining safety, training and WH&S records in accordance with best practice guidelines
• Develop and implement a machinery maintenance plan
• Undertake professional development to maintain knowledge of best-practice golf course management practices and techniques
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS:
• Certificate III or Diploma in Turf Management
• Extensive experience in the planning and maintenance of a golf course
• Current drivers licence
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Proven organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage financial and physical resources, solve problems, meet deadlines, organise work activities and achieve results
• Practical mechanical knowledge
• Positive attitudes towards greenkeeping, golf and the golfing public
• Energetic, honest and reliable attributes with a commitment to leading a dedicated team
An attractive salary package based on experience and ability will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please forward your resume, together with covering letter to The Secretary, Woodford Golf Club via email to email@example.com
Applications close 4pm Friday 28th April 2017.