Continual Professional Development (CPD) refers to the process of tracking and documenting the skills, knowledge, training and experience that Turf Managers gain formally, beyond any initial training. The objective of Continual Professional Development is to keep professional knowledge and skills current, develop and adapt careers and maintain status as a Certified Sports Turf Manager.
- CPD points are a record of what education or training Turf Managers experience, learn and then apply as an active demonstration to their commitment as a Certified Sports Turf Management professional.
- CPD points are available through undertaking professional activities, independent learning, and formal learning activities, and can be gained through the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association, through State Associations or from recognised Training providers
- Certified Sports Turf Managers must obtain a minimum of 25 CPD points throughout a 2-year cycle to continue their commitment to professional learning and development.
Applying for CPD Points - Members
Members can apply for points to be added through notifying the Association of completion of education or engagement activities.
To notify the Associaiton, Members can access their Manage Your CPD (Certification Program) portal:
- Open the Member CPD Portal
- Click on Submit Activity on the right hand side of the page
- Complete the form and attach any supporting documents (if required)
Member CPD points will then be assessed by the Association and details/points added to the Member profile and activity logs
- Members can also view their current CPD activity, total CPD points, activity logs and CPD points remaining for the current 2-year CPD cycle.
Applying for CPD Points to be allocated to a Training or Education event - Allied Assocaitions and Industry Partners
State Associations and Industry Partners can apply for CPD points to be allocated to educational events, courses and turf seminars by completing the form here