The Patterson River Golf Club would like to invite applications for the position of Assistant Superintendent.
We are looking for someone with a fresh and enthusiastic attitude to their work and a person who is keen and ready to take the next step in their career up into an Assistant Superintendent’s position. It would be an advantage for applicants if they have previously worked on courses with Santa Ana couch fairways and Poa Annua greens but this is not essential. Any experience at other high-quality courses will be favourably considered.
Established in 1948, we are an18 hole (Par 72) facility in Bonbeach on the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula and close to the Melbourne ‘Sand belt’ Clubs. We are a progressive Golf Club which is about to take the next step in improving our golf course by execution of our recently completed Course Master Plan. This Plan is aimed at making incremental improvements to the Course over the next 10-15 years with a priority focus on improving bunkering over the next 3-5 years.
Your role, should you be successful, will be a full-time position and will include (but not be limited to) assisting the Superintendent in the daily running of the golf course, staff and turf maintenance, set up of daily events, documenting all pest and disease spray sheets, and be instrumental in assisting to deliver on the Course Master Plan. You must be willing and able to work on weekends and roster all overtime.
In this role you as the Assistant Superintendent will need to be proficient in the following:
• Must have completed the Sports Turf Management Apprenticeship.
• Have a relevant number of years in the turf industry.
• Ideally have some experience in golf course construction (particular experience in bunker creation
and/or renovations will be an advantage)
• Able to use and work heavy machinery will also be an advantage (Posi track and Excavators).
• Be able to ID pests and disease
• Experience in chemicals and fertilizers
• Sound base knowledge of OH&S practices
• Have great communication skills in regard to staff management.
• Have an eye for detail
• Have a sound base knowledge in computer irrigation system (Site Pro)
An attractive above Award remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.
All applicants are to send a Cover Letter detailing why they believe they would be a suitable candidate for the role (based on the above information) and their Resume to David Johnson via email at email@example.com
Closing date for Applications is 19/3/2021