Assistant Course Superintendent
Situated in the famous Sandbelt region of Victoria, the Yarra Yarra Golf Club is one of Australia’s finest golf courses.
The golf course, designed by the famous course architect Alex Russell in partnership with the great Dr Alister Mackenzie, and has hosted many major tournaments in its history.
Following an extensive restoration of the course over the past two year, under the guidance of the Club’s appointed course architect, Tom Doak, the course is now receiving worldwide acclaim.
The Yarra Yarra Golf Club is seeking to appoint a new Assistant Course Superintendent to assist the Course Superintendent to continue this work and maintain the golf course to the highest possible standard.
This is a 2IC position, undertaking all duties of the Superintendent in his absence and acting as a strong support person to the Superintendent in his role.
Desired Skill Sets:
The successful candidate will be expected to have a positive and professional manner and contribute to the success of the course team.
• Experience in turf management in a senior position is preferred
• Experience and comprehension of couch grass playing surfaces required
• An understanding of the E-Par environmental program advantageous
• Knowledge in Irrigation scheduling including Toro Lynx & Rainbird Central Control
• Excellent communication and administration skills a must
• The ability to provide strong leadership to the existing team is a requirement of the role
• The ability to troubleshoot situations quickly and effectively
• Sound knowledge of pest and disease management
• Experience managing large work teams including training, supervising, and scheduling of all course staff
• Correct fertiliser/ chemical application techniques. (application and recording)
• Irrigation system maintenance and management
• Identification and reporting of areas for improvement, or problems that may be compromising the
maintenance of the course in accordance with the Turf Management Plan, Environmental Policy, and Occupational
Health and Safety Policy.
• High attention to detail
• Golf course construction experience
• Experience with bent/Poa grass putting greens
• Certificate III in Sports Turf Management (Ideally a Diploma)
• Salary and benefits will be commensurate to the role and a top tier golf club position.
All applications must be submitted by email to the Course Superintendent, Clint Raven at email@example.com no later than Wednesday 3 March 2021 March 2021.
Applications should include your CV and a short cover letter on why you believe you should be shortlisted for this role.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email to arrange a suitable interview time.