Turf Farm Manager
Evergreen Turf Group is a locally owned and operated team of horticultural professionals growing, maintaining, renovating, and constructing a diverse range of projects for the sports and landscape industries.
We are looking for a long-term employee to complement our current team to manage, maintain and produce our quality turf products from our 100+-acre production facility based in Pakenham, Victoria.
About the role
The role encompasses all aspects of turf farm management and turf production/harvesting which includes our specialist products used in the Sportsturf industry.
The position requires seasonal weekend work as required with an excellent renumeration package on offer to the suitable applicant.
Only applicants who have had experience with turf production and a minimum of a Turf Trade Certificate will be considered, with additional responsibilities below;
To be successful in this role you will be required to:
• Have a full understanding of all turf management practices for the establishment and production
• Operate and care for various turf maintenance machinery including specialist harvesting equipment
• Have an excellent understanding of irrigation management required to produce quality turf products
• Knowledge and experience in all chemical applications
• Develop and manage turf maintenance programs to achieve best outcomes
• Be responsible for establishing and maintaining budgets and developing business plans for this
• Have excellent staff management skills
• Have clear communication and be efficient in reporting and recording
• Display high level of awareness and a clear understanding of environmental and OHS systems
• Maintain high level of professional service and conduct
• Represent the company with a high standard of personal presentation
Skills and experience:
• Turf Trade Certificate qualifications as a minimum, Diploma in Turf management preferable
• Driver’s License /HR License preferable
• Current Chemical Accreditation Certificate
• Mechanical / Maintenance / Practical – knowledge
• Staff management experience and skills
• Customer service experience desirable
Applications to: email@example.com