Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Horsham Golf Club is a public access 18 Hole Golf Course located in the Wimmera region of Victoria. It is a highly regarded sand based course that boasts superb greens, bunkering and fairways that attracts visitors nationally. The club has had significant (64%) membership growth in the last two years and is a leading club exhibiting a strong community revival in golf.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent who will report directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. The selected candidate will demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and be highly motivated in helping our small team of Turf professionals and volunteers in daily course maintenance setup.
The successful applicant will possess a sound knowledge of all aspects of course maintenance and construction methods, WH&S and Environmental Procedures.
Personal qualities such as a keen eye for detail, strong work ethic, team orientated, highly motivated, courteous nature and a strong interest in the game of golf will be highly regarded.
This position is full time with rostered work required on weekends and public holidays.
The successful candidate will display the following skill set:
• Training, supervising, and scheduling of Ground staff and volunteers.
• Display a proactive attitude towards WH@S.
• Have a sound knowledge of irrigation systems, repairs, and diagnosis.
• Have a current ACUP and an understanding of identifying pests and diseases in fine Turf.
• Mechanically minded and able to identify and repair small machinery issues as they arise.
• Extensive machinery use and safe operation.
• Hold a current driver's license.
• Being able to work with volunteers, contractors and manage staff.
• Having been in a similar role or experience prior will be advantageous.
• Ideally hold a minimum Certificate 3 in Sports Turf Management and/or a Diploma in
Salary negotiated on current level of work experience.
If you require further information please contact our Manager Darryl McCrae on 0428504001.
Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Monday 1st February 2021