Set in the Beautiful Coastal town of Gerringong on the NSW south coast Gerringong Golf Club is a beach front 18 hole golf course. With dramatic elevation changes and incredible views it is emerging as one of the south coasts best golf getaways. We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a suitably experienced individual to join the golf course team to carry out the day to day activities to ensure the quality of the championship golf course is maintained.
Reporting to the Golf Course Superintendent, you will:
- Implement all works on the golf course and grounds
- Undertake equipment and machinery maintenance, handyperson tasks and irrigation system maintenance
- Participating in the development and implementation of a “preventative” maintenance program Where required, working together with internal maintenance staff and external contractors to carry out maintenance and construction works
- Take on management duties in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent
- Train and supervise other staff which could include, Apprentices, International interns, Casuals and mature age employees and volunteers.
- Organise week to week staffing requirements and job rotation.
- Collate and record weather data and environmental changes.
- Manage record keeping for fertiliser and pesticide usage.
The successful applicant must satisfy the following criteria:
- Certificate III in Turf Management/Horticulture
- Solid understanding of Golf Course maintenance, Horticulture and Landscaping
- Extensive experience in equipment operation, repair and maintenance
- Understanding of irrigation and water quality systems - usage and maintenance
- Good understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements and the applicable legislation
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Be available for a rotating weekend roster.
- Reliable, honest and hard working
A suitable renumeration package will be provided for the successful applicant.
Send applications/Inquiries to the Golf Course Superintendent via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 13/2/2021