Marrickville Golf Sporting & Community Club is a long established golf club in Sydney’s Inner West. While It is only a par 60 course it is known for the challenging par 3 holes, two of which measure over 200 metres.
The Club is currently seeking a Course Superintendent with responsibility for ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of the golf course to ensure it meets the expectations of members, guests & visitors.
The successful candidate needs experience in all aspects of golf course maintenance, and will need to be highly motivated, have a strong work ethic with a good eye for detail and work well in a team environment.
The role is permanent and full time.
Duties and Requirements
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of the following.
- Working with Golf Club Board and Management to implement the Clubs strategic plan.
- Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests & visitors.
- Appropriate qualifications in turf management.
- Carry out effective turf maintenance through the establishment of schedules and programmes on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis, which maximise efficiency.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of machines for use.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Experience in the application of chemicals and fertilisers with an accredited chemical license.
- Sound knowledge of WH&S requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application, comprising of a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday, 6th November 2020