Assistant Superintendent & Spray Tech (2 x Positions)
Palmer Coolum Resort Golf Course is designed by renowned golf course architect, Robert Trent Jones Jnr with the stunning 18 hole course challenging even the best golfers while still providing plenty of enjoyment for the novice.
The par 72, 6137 metre course has been tackled by the game’s best including major winners Bubba Watson, Adam Scott, Y.E.Yang, Greg Norman, Darren Clarke, Ricky Fowler and Jason Day and has been home to 11 PGA championships. All players love our contrasting landscapes, from lakeside holes to manicured fairways that weave their way through native bushland. With the Sunshine Coast being in a sub-tropical climate, golf at this superbly challenging course is a highlight for guests, visitors and locals all year round!
Now under the direction of leading Golf Course Superintendent Kelvin Nicholson, the course is on track to be back to its very best. With a full schedule and program of renovations underway, and anticipation of a suite of new machinery and carts, we are looking for the right applicants to join the team and be part of this amazing facility.
Applicants must meet all criteria described in the below requirements and be able to display a good work ethic and demonstrate a keen interest and commitment to further developing a career in the Turf Industry.
The positions are perfect for an individual who thrives in a professional environment and will enjoy delivering the highest standards across all areas of the golf course and its maintenance operations.
• Certificate III or Diploma equivalent in Sports Turf Management.
• Chemical spraying certificate or licence. Experience and knowledge of chemical and fertilizer
• Be self-motivated and punctual with the ability to work and lead under pressure.
• Ability to schedule and supervise work to achieve the most efficient utilisation of employees and
• Understanding of Irrigations systems and repairs. Experience with Toro irrigation systems would be of
• Working knowledge of the construction, establishment and maintenance practices employed on golf
course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and public holidays as
determined to be necessary by the Golf Course Superintendent.
• Must keep up to date on industry news, technology, and practices by attending regional seminars,
industry field days, short courses etc.
These are salaried positions which include rostered weekends and overtime.
Applications close Friday 30th October at 5pm.
Applicants should include a cover letter and detailed resume and be e-mailed to:
Golf Course Superintendent