We require a minimum of 1 litre per sample
The following water analysis packages are available;
Package 1: pH, electrical conductivity, salinity
Package 2: pH, electrical conductivity, salinity, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, manganese, SAR, hardness, alkalinity, carbonate and bicarbonate.
Package 3: pH, electrical conductivity, salinity, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, manganese, SAR, hardness, alkalinity, carbonate, bicarbonate, boron, chloride, sulphate, potassium, total phosphate, total nitrogen, total Kjeldahl nitrogen, nitrate and nitrite.
When taking a water sample it is important that a clean, 1 litre plastic (PET) container (bottles that have contained soft drinks must be thoroughly cleaned before reuse) is used with a tight fitting lid.
The water samples are to be taken as follows;
- Prior to taking the sample, thoroughly rinse out the container with the water source to be sampled.
- Water from dams, rivers and streams need to be taken in deep water as far from the bank as possible and taken from a depth of at least 10cm.
- When taking water from bores the pump must be run for at least 30 - 60 minutes to ensure that the sample is representative of the groundwater and not what has been sitting stagnant in the bore.
- From piped water supplies, open the tap or off-take point and allow it to run for several minutes so that the pipework is flushed out prior to taking the sample.
- Fill the bottle and allow for a 3 - 5cm air gap.
- Label the sample and provide written information with the sample on the date taken, source of the water and proposed use.
- Place the sample in a box and pad it with newspaper or other appropriate packaging.
- Send the samples by courier or overnight express post. If the samples have to be stored keep them refrigerated but do not freeze.